The House on the Mango Street

She doesn't want to write a book that a reader wont understand and would feel ashamed for not understanding.

Making each sentence serve her and not the other way around.

When she lived at home, the things she looked at scolded her and made her feel sad and depressed. They said, "Wash me." They said, "Wash me." They said, "Lazy." They said, "You ought."

You can never have too much of sky.

A home in a heart, a house made of heart.

"...who left and keeps leaving."

I am the one nobody comes for.

I have began my own quiet war. Simple. Sure. I am one who leaves the table like a man, without putting back the chair or picking up the plate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Proves the Inconsistency of the Desires and Criticism of Men Who Accuse Women of What They Themselves Cause

Kung Ibig Mo Akong Makilala by Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo

Love Does Not Know Secrets