Love Without Love by Luis Llorens Torres

I love you, because in my thousand and one nights of dreams,
I never once dreamed of you.
I looked down paths that traveled from afar,
but it was never you I expected.
Suddenly I've felt you flying through my soul
in quick, lofty flight,
and how beautiful you seem way up there, far
from my always idiot heart!
Love me that way, flying over everything.
And, like the bird on its branch, land in my arms
only to rest,
then fly off again.
Be not like the romantic ones who,
in love, set me on fire,
When you climb up my mansion,
enter so lightly, that as you enter
the dog of my heart will not bark.

Translated by Julio Marzan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Proves the Inconsistency of the Desires and Criticism of Men Who Accuse Women of What They Themselves Cause

Kung Ibig Mo Akong Makilala by Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo

Love Does Not Know Secrets