- Do not make accusations without knowing the real situation. --AC, Tasha
- Be confident in your decision, for being influenced leads to your own destruction.--Alex, Firmo
- Satisfying others to satisfy yourself won't be very satisfactory. --Joanna, Jasmine
- Before you satisfy other's thirst, satisfy yourself first.--Jhanine, Faye
- Don't believe in what other's say but believe in your initiative.--Marlon
- Don't let others pull your strings like a puppet.--Jimmy, Martie
- If you pretend to be someone else sooner or later that's who you become.--Kym
Monday, October 29, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
"for all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these.. "it might have been......"
john greenleaf whittier
"them most gladsome thing in the world is that we seldom fall low, the saddest that , with such capabilities , we seldom rise high..."
james mathew barrie
"the saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you"
"Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have. "
Louis E. Boone
'Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.'
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- someone is thinking of you
- someone cares about you.
- someone misses you
- someone wants to hold your hand.
- someone wants you to be happy.
- someone wants to hug you.
- someone will do anything for you.
- someone needs to know your love is unconditional.
- someone wants to tell you how much they care.
- someone wants to stay up watching movies w/ you.
- someone wants to hold you in their arms.
- someone wants to see you.
- someone wants to be your lover.
- someone loves you for who you are.
- someone loves the way you make them feel.
- someone wants to be with you.
- someone wants you to know they are there for you.
- someone is glad that you're their friend.
- someone is wishing you would notice them.
- someone wants to get to know you better.
- someone loves you.
GIRL: I saw him today
BOY: It seems like its been forever
GIRL: I wonder if he still cares
BOY: She looks better than before
GIRL: I couldn't stop staring at him
BOY: I asked her how things were going
GIRL: I asked about his new girlfriend
BOY: I'd choose her over any girl im with
GIRL: He's probablly really happy right now
BOY: I couldnt look at her without starting to cry
GIRL: He couldnt even look at me
BOY: I told her I miss her
GIRL: He doesnt mean it
BOY: I meant it
GIRL: He didnt mean it
BOY: I love her
GIRL: He loves his new girlfriend
BOY: I held her for the last time
GIRL: He gave me a friendly hug
BOY: Then I went home and cried
GIRL: Then I went home and cried
BOY: I lost her
GIRL: I still love him
Who’s Talking? Pooh is.
- “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?” “What’s for breakfast?” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?”“I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully.It’s the same thing,” he said.
- “Rabbit’s clever,” said Pooh thoughtfully. “Yes,” said Piglet, “Rabbit’s clever.” “And he has Brain.” “Yes,” said Piglet, “Rabbit has Brain.” There was a long silence.“I suppose,” said Pooh, “That that’s why he never understands anything.”
- “What do you like doing best in the world, Pooh?” “Well,” said Pooh, “what I like best – “ and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn’t know what it was called.
Song: How can you get very far,
If you don’t know Who You Are?
How can you do what you ought,
If you don’t know What You’ve Got?
And if you don’t know Which To Do
Of all the things in front of you,
Then what you’ll have when you are through
Is just a mess without a clue
Of all the best that can come true
If you know What and Which and Who.
How can you get very far,
- There is Something More, and that Something More is what life is really all about.
- Knowledge and Experience do not necessarily speak the same language.
- There is more to knowing than just being correct.
- The thing that makes someone truly different—unique, in fact—is something that cleverness cannot really understand.
- Things are as They Are: We make things into something else and do not use it in its proper way.
- There was a man who disliked seeing his footprints and his shadow. He decided to escape from them and began to run. But as he ran along, more footprints appeared, while his shadow easily kept up with him. Thinking he was going too slowly, he ran faster and faster without stopping, until he finally collapsed from exhaustion and died. (If he had stood still, there would have been no footprints. If he had rested in the shade, his shadow would have disappeared.)
- Practically speaking, if time saving devices really saved time, there would be more time available to us now than ever before in history. But strangely enough, we seem to have less time than even a few years ago. It’s really great fun to go somewhere where there are no timesaving devices because, when you do, you find that you have lots of time. Elsewhere, you’re too busy working to pay for machines to save you time so you won’t have to work so hard. The main problem with this great obsession for saving time is very simple: you can’t save time. You can only spend it. But you can spend it wisely or foolishly.
- The Christmas presents once opened are Not So Much Fun as they were while we were in the process of examining, lifting, shaking, thinking about and opening them. Each time the goal is reached, it becomes Not So Much Fun, and we’re off to reach the next one. That doesn’t mean that the goals we have don’t count. They do, mostly because they cause us to go through the process, and it’s the process that makes us wise, happy, or whatever. If we do things in the wrong sort of way, it makes us miserable, angry, confused and things like that. The goal has to be right for us, and it has to be beneficial, in order to ensure a beneficial process. But aside from that, it’s really the process that’s important. Enjoyment of the process is the secret that erases the myths of Great Reward and Saving Time. By enjoying the process, we can stretch that awareness out so that it’s no longer only a moment, but covers the whole thing.
- “From caring comes courage.” We might add that from it also comes wisdom. It’s rather significant, we think, that those who have no compassion have no wisdom. Knowledge, yes; cleverness, maybe; wisdom, no. A clever mind is not a heart. Knowledge doesn’t really care. Wisdom does.
- An Empty sort of mind is valuable for finding things because it can see what’s in front of it. An Overstuffed mind is unable to. While the Clear mind listens to a bird singing, the Stuffed-Full-of-Knowledge-and-Cleverness mind wonders what kind of bird is singing. The more Stuffed Up it is, the less it can hear through its own ears and see through its own eyes. Knowledge and Cleverness tend to concern themselves with the wrong sorts of things, and a mind confused by Knowledge, Cleverness and Abstract Ideas tend to go chasing off after things that don’t matter, or that don’t exist, instead of seeing, appreciating and making use of what is right in front of it.
- Many people are afraid of Emptiness, however, because it reminds them of Loneliness. Everything has to be filled in, it seems – appointment books, hillsides, vacant lots – but when all the spaces are filled, the Loneliness really begins. Then the Groups are joined, the Classes a re signed up for, and the Gift-To-Yourself items are bought. When the Loneliness starts creeping in the door, the Television Set is turned on to make it go away. But it doesn’t go away. So some of us do instead, and after discarding the emptiness of the Big Congested Mess, we discover the fullness of Nothing.